Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Need Some Serious Help...

You see, my brothers and I are very much musically inclined (no Hanson jokes please!). We all play the guitar(my favorite conceit is that I could easily learn the harmonica if only I had the time), we all think we can sing, and we all think we are rockstars in waiting.

Whenever we pass by music stores, we spend more than just a few minutes browsing around for instruments. We daydream what it would be like if we were actually able to afford our favorite unattainable axe(s). We talk about floyd-rose this, humbuck that, as if we had already experienced the use of these not-so-cheap parts (for those not in the know, an original floyd rose speedloader tremolo bridge costs about $200 on the net... dirt cheap right, nevermind a full set of high-brand humbucking pickups).

My dream... is the Ibañez JS1000. It's the same guitar that satch uses (and he doesn't know how to play at all, ha-ha). At a low-low price of $1199.00. (Sixty-five thousand, nine hundred and forty five peysos. And if you call now...)

If something is too expensive for you, you can't buy it. If you don't buy it, you won't spend(/lose) your money on it. The thing is... I can now afford some (that's some, okay?) of the things I want to buy, albeit at the cost of a lot of other things I'd like to have (like... hmmm... love?) .

Imagine a 10' x 7' room, very small, already crammed with a medium sized bed, a large aparador, and a computer table. The remaining floor space is just about 6' by 3'. However, this space is not actually empty... most of it is taken up by:

*one(1) Fernando 40W Amplifier
*one(1) Sammick 15W Amplifier
*one(1) Fernando 5-string Bass
*one(1) (Mang) Fhendher('s) 6-string strat

(all except the six string were bought within the last 4 months)

not to mention a chair and an electric fan.

Get the picture?

Now... to my great (mis)fortune... Yamaha and Perfect Pitch are currently having a half-month clearance sale! (Bili na kayo!!!) I saw a Fender Squier Package which usually sells for P17,500 going for P11,950!!! That's cheap for a mid-quality guitar!!! (The package includes a 15W practice amp, gig-bag, strap, electronic tuner, and picks) There's 3 of us(I have 2 brothers... on my mother's side, hehe), and we only had 2 guitars (and I currently hate our 6-string, its intonation is shot to hell. I HATE IT!!!). 2 ≠ 3... You do the math.

I wish I were filthy rich... If I were, I might be able to afford all those six-digit amplifiers, five-digit effects-boxes, etc... The Squier will have to wait though. For now... We have this, my new baby (I shall name thee... "Kalabessie"! see below for the reason why):

*dreadnaught style with cut-away
*spruce top with catalpa sides
*mahogany neck with truss rod

*rosewood fingerboard
*die-cast machineheads
*active EQ

*(kulay ebak ng baby na mahilig sa kalabasa, demmit!)

*with 15W mini(10"x12"x5") amplifier, gig bag, picks, electronic tuner and strap

Awright!!!

I've been wanting an acoustic for quite a while now, ostentatiously so that I can easily jam with friends, as lugging around our gargantuan 40W amp is not really an option, although I once had to bring our 2 guitars, the 40W amp, and the 15W amp, all the way from the corner of emerald ave. and j vargas to the tektite towers, all by myself. But really now, do we really need another guitar?

Survey sez... OF COURSE, hehe.

Maybe now we might really get started on our rock'n'roll careers eh?

[Shet! I think I'm an addict! Muntik ko nang bilin yung Squier... meron pang X-series na Washburn... Gaaaah!!! Hmmm... Buti na lang hanggang January 31 pa yung sale... pwede ko pang kumbinsihin ang sarili ko, hehe...

Ngayon, kelangan ko tuloy ibili ng food processor at oven toaster ang nanay ko dahil nakokonsensya ako... paano na ako makaka-bayad sa Pag-Ibig...

fund, hehe...]

6 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger thejoketh™ said...

ang tawag daw jan e GAS-- Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. pag mas marami ka nang pera, ams lalala 'yan. tsk tsk :D

~^_^~

 
At 3:00 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger joeness said...

bilhin mo na.. para lez start on our raket, u talent you!hahaha naiinip na ang manager mo!haha :)

 
At 3:03 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger joeness said...

dko alm kng napost pero ulitin ko: bilhin mo na para makaraket na tyo, u talent u!naiinip na ang talent manager mo:)

 
At 1:16 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Rac said...

Hans kamukha mo yung panganay sa Hanson. wakekekek..........

 
At 6:53 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger StrangerInAStrangeLife said...

yac, basta ba maraming magsasabing pogi siya e bakit naman hindi, hehehe...

joe, meron na. kaya ko to napost dahil nga nabili ko si "Oscar" (<-bagong pangalan)... pwede nang matuloy ang pagiging JAPF ko nyaha.

jec... wag mainggit... gumaya, nyehehe... sale din ngayon sa JB. kaya kung ako sayo, bumili ka na. P5000 yung fernando na steel na me cutaway. ayos din yun. jam tayo nila yac pag sabado. si myk, di pa makabili... sayang.

 
At 7:53 AM, January 09, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home